We are always furiously working in the Honey & Butter kitchen to bring you fresh macarons. These cookies are labor intensive & the process that goes into making them is very involved. We make everything from scratch each day: our shells, our buttercream filling, & our gelato/sorbets. Each of our cookies are hand piped (not by a machine). The details on our creatures are meticulously decorated by hand. We love the human element of making them & that is what sets us apart.
And that is also why our stock is limited.
1) What is the best time to come for your macarons? We open at 10:00AM. The best time to come is when we open for the best selection of our REGULAR cookies. We continually bake through out the day but some flavors may sell out as we work to replenish the others.
2) What is the best time to come for your creature macarons? We start putting out our creatures at 12:00PM. The best time to come is 12:00 noon for the best selection of our creatures.
3) How many cookies do you bake a day? We bake as many as we can.
4) Can I place a custom order for your creatures? Currently we are not accepting any creature macaron order. Creature macarons will only be available in store with a very limited quantity.
5) I have a gluten allergy. Can I still consume your cookies? Many of our flavors do not contain gluten. We, however, do not have a certified gluten-free kitchen and do work with gluten-containing ingredients. Cross contamination may occur. Please be informed about this when you choose to consume our products. Our staff is trained to let you know if asked.
6) Can I request to place cookies on hold on the day of? Most definitely! We will hold whichever flavors we currently have out or the ones we are making for you. However creatures are first come & most of the time we do not hold them. But we can work out something so don't be afraid to ask!
7) How do I care for your macarons & how long do they last? Please keep them refrigerated & consume chilled. They are buttercream based. They will melt if exposed to the sun or heat for too long. We recommend to eat them within 3 days for the best experience. Any longer the shells will dry out & won't be as tasty. They can also be frozen & kept airtight for a few months.
8) I have a nut allergy. Can I consume your cookies? It depends on which nut you are allergic to. Our cookies are made with almond flour. Select cookies contain crushed hazelnuts or pistachio (please check out our Flavors page for more info on these).